Google
 

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

BioCube has landed...

Last week, I finally received the BioCube 14. I did some mods by removing all the bio-balls from the chamber 2 and adding some live rock rubbles inside. I also intend to add some chaeto inside chamber 2 later to work as a refugium. The stock pump was replaced with a MJ1200 and added a HydorFlow on the outlet. The bottom water inlet to chamber 1 was sealed with a piece of plastic as well. I added 20lbs of Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand from CaribSea into the tank with some rocks and tonga branch. The tank is then filled up to cycle....until 2 days later, I noticed water underneath the tank. Upon further inspection, found out that the tank is leaking. Contacted the seller and he will be sending me another tank. As of now, the leaky tank is empty waiting for the arrival of the replacement tank.

The BioCube 14 box packaging.
Here are the 2 PC Ballast and the power adapter for the moonlights
The tank inside the box.
Here is the tank after being removed from the packaging.
Tank cycling....Here's the leak...

No comments: