Google
 

Friday, April 27, 2007

Some background of the tank...

Well, here's a little bit of background history on my current tank. This tank was setup back in Nov. 2006. There was a leaked in my previous tank that initiated the purchase of a new tank. This is a 58G All-Glass RR tank made by Oceanic. It is supplemented by 6x39W T5 light running 14 hours a day and a moonlight during the night. Two Tunze Nanostream 6045 and the return from the sump provided the flow and water movement in the tank. Organic pollutants are removed using a Tunze DOC 9010 protein skimmer located in the sump. There are two TLF Phosban Reactor running Rowaphos and HydroCarbon respectively for phosphate removal and water purification. A JBJ ATO is used for topping evaporated water automatically. The tank is managed using a Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper 2.

The tank before setup.

Another view of the new tank.

The large brute which holds all my of sps corals for two weeks.

Temporary tank for holding all my zoas, unfortunately I lost about 90% of my zoas collection.

This is the acrylic tank that leaked. I bought this tank 2nd hand from a fellow reefer and it only lasted about 6 months.

Here's how the tank looks like after being setup in Nov. 2006.

No comments: